Consumers tend to be wary of car dealers. The common consensus is that salesmen set out to deplete pocketbooks and offer disadvantageous prices to their customers. This assumption is far from the truth, however. Dealers expect and welcome their customers' negotiation, and they look forward to striking deals that allow both sides to prosper. The negotiation ball is in the consumer's court. It's up to the consumer to know ways to negotiate to find the best outcome possible. The following are three essential tactics to keep in mind when sealing the deal over a vehicle.
The first lesson you learned in kindergarten was to use your manners. This rule applies to buying cars as well. Stick to that priceless lesson when making your purchase, and you will develop a good rapport with each seller you encounter. Being courteous counts for a lot, even if you and your car dealer don't see eye to eye. Even the most ruthless salesman is more likely to relent on his asking price if your demeanor is down-to-earth and you treat him with respectful consideration. When you have to disagree, do so diplomatically. You can be a firm negotiator without pulling out the punches.
When you drive over to the showroom, be prepared and know what you need. It is unwise to buy a vehicle when you know nothing about them in general. Make it your business to familiarize yourself with at least the most basic terminology, and discover what constitutes "bad mileage" and a "sound transmission," for instance. If you don't know the difference between horsepower and mileage, it's your own fault if you get duped. When you use proper car lingo in your negotiations with a dealer, he gets the message that you are an informed consumer. You are then on an equal playing field. Also, it is much easier to justify your offer when you can back it up with rational arguments about features or a lack thereof.
Hks F Con Find parts for any make and model truck and car by searching our vast network of parts on ebay. Save more money that you can shake a stick at today.
Find parts for any make and model truck and car by searching our vast network of parts on ebay. Save more money that you can shake a stick at today.
- Hks 7m-gte Pfc F-con Supra Turbo 86-92 Mk3 Vpc Gcc Fcd Vein Pressure Piggyback$400.00
- Hks F-con S Fuel Ignition Timing Computer Rsx Type R Hks Fcon-s Engine Computer$799.00
- Hks 4202-rn018 Programmed Fuel Computer F-con Harness For Nissan$319.99
- Hks F-con V S14 Nissan Silvia Sr20det Wc Ecu Jdm Sr20det Harness Fcon Fcd Afc$490.00
- Hks Fcon Hks Fcon-is Subaru Sti Version 7 Gdb Ej207 Hks F Con Ecu$699.00
- Hks F-con V Fuel Ignition Timing Computer Jdm Ps13 Rps13 180sx Sr20det S13 Ecu$680.00
- Jdm Hks Fcon V Pro R34 Ecu Engine Rb26dett Harness Link Bnr34 Np5-9 4202-rn022$190.00
- Genuine Hks F-con Id Intelligent Diesel Fuel Computer Hiace 2kd-ftv 42011-at032$849.00
- Genuin Hks F-con D For Hiace Regiusace 1kd-ftv 42007-at002 42002-at001$719.00
- Hks F-con Fcon Is Ecu Piggy Back With Complete Universal Harness$590.00
- Jdm Hks Pfc F-con Mitsubishi Galant Vr-4 E39a 4g63 Turbo Eclipse Talon Computer$149.99
- Hks F-con Is Ecu Mazda Rx-7 Fd3s 92-95$500.00
- New Hks F-con Is$650.00
- Hks Fcon Vpro Ecu Ver 3.3 No Harness For Skyline Supra Evo Impreza Rx7$950.00
- Toyota Celica Ss St202 Oem Hks F-con Ecu Jes Computer 89661-2b831$522.00
- Jdm Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti Gdagdb Ej207 Hks F-con S Engine Ecu Computer.$450.00
- Hks F-con Sa Fuel And Ignition Timing Computer$199.00
- Jdm Nissan Ca18det Hks Pfc F-con S13 180sx Piggyback Computer E683$130.00
- Hks F-con V 1jz-gte Fcv008230$295.00
- Jdm Denso Pressure Sensor Hks F-con Apexi Power Fc 949940-6270 5v Map Boost Fd3s$99.00
- Hks Np12 Ca18det Pfc F-con Nissan Silvia S13 180sx Rs13 T-3 T3 E686 Pfc Fcon$175.00
- Hks 4299-ra016 Pressure Iat Sensor Harness For F-con V Pro Ver.34$58.99
- Hks F-con V Pro For 1991-1999 Nissan 180sx All$305.24
- Jdm Toyota Mark Ii Tourer V 1jz-gte Hks Pfc F-con Jzx90 Piggyback Computer E705$120.00
- Jdm Denso Pressure Sensor Hks F-con Etc 949940-0730 5v Map Sensor Boost Vpc$99.00
- Hks 4299-ra008 F-con Pro Components Pressure Sensor Super Wide Range 3 Kgcm.$255.87
- Hks F-con V-pro Is Turbo Boost Pressure Map Sensor$23.00
- Turbo Map Pressure Boost Sensor For Hks V-pro F-con$28.00
- Pressure Sensor Hks Map F-con V-pro Is Turbo Boost One Year Warranty$48.50
- Hks F-con V Pro 2000-2005 Honda S2000 All$305.24
- Jdm Denso Pressure Sensor Hks F-con Etc 949940-6110 5v Map Sensor Boost 2$99.00
- Turbo Turbocharger Map Pressure Boost Sensor For Hks F-con Is V-pro Ecu$28.00
- Jdm Denso Pressure Sensor Hks F-con Etc 949940-6110 5v Map Sensor Boost 3$99.00
- Mazda Eunos Cosmo 20bdettt 3 Roter Hks F-con Vpro Adapter Wire Harness Zp5-1$399.99
- Jdm Hks F-con Sa Harness For Subaru Legacy Be5 B4 Ej20 Turbo$249.00
- Sale- New Hks F-con Is Ecu For Suzuki Swift 1.5l 1.6l$341.20
- Hks F-con Sv-pro 4299-ra008 Map Sensor Dps-320-3000a Super Wide Range 3kgcm2$45.00
- Jdm 99-01 Mazda Turbo Eunos Rx7 Fd3s 13b Hks F Con S Racing Mt Ecu Computer Rare$405.00
- Interface Cable Hks Fcon F-con Laptop Tuning No Dongle$150.00
- Interface Cable Hks Fcon F-con Laptop Tuning No Dongle$152.45
- 3 Bar 5 Volt Map Pressure Sensor Greddy Emanage Ultimate Hks Fcon Power Fc$69.66
- 3 Bar 5 Volt Map Pressure Sensor Greddy Emanage Ultimate Hks Fcon Power Fc$70.35
- Hks F-con Sv-pro 4299-ra008 Map Sensor Dps-320-3000a Wire$20.00
- Hks F-con Accessories New Map Air Temp Sensor Harness$50.13
- Pressure Boost Map Sensor For Hks F Con Is V Pro Ecu$35.00
- Pressure Boost Map Sensor For Hks F Con Is V Pro Ecu$35.00
- Hks F-con Accessories Air Temp Sensor Harness$36.44
- Jdm Hks Pfc F-con Harness For A Sr20det E5 62 Ecu S13 Silvia 180sx$39.00
- 2 Hks F-con V Pro Di-cut Sticker Decals Jdm Aftermarket Racing Sponsor$6.00
- Genuin Hks F-con Id Intelligent Diesel Fuel Computer Hiace 1kd-ftv 42011-at031$849.00
- Hks F-con V Pro For 1991-1993 Nissan Silvia All$305.24
- Turboahceger Computer Ecu Boost Pressure Map Sensor For Hks F-con V-pro Is$23.00
- Hks F-con Accessories Map Sensor Super Wide Range$247.88
- Hks 4202-rh007 F-con V Pro Harness Type Hp5-3$315.30
- Hks 4202-rn018 F-con Harness V Pro For 1991-1999 Nissan 180sx$315.30
Can you choose your attitude? Some people will say yes! However, is it a learned behaviour or simply in us? I really don't know the answer I wish I did!, What I do know is that it is our attitude that can let us down on the road.
So what changes when we get in the car? Why does a lovely person who would hold the door open for you change behind the wheel? The very same person, who would forgive someone for making a genuine mistake. Yet on the road they would beep, use unsavoury hand signals, shout and swear at a person for simply making a genuine error.
Getting angry due to another person's mistake could be seen as just instinctive. But, allowing that anger to become counterproductive will only make matters worse, so yes be angry but control your anger, remember emotion plays a massive part in our ability to make rational decisions. You could end up making the wrong decision and end up being the person who does cause another person to be hurt.